Monday, February 26, 2007

Yes we're still alive!

So I haven't written anything in awhile...so here it goes! We have been hard at work "nesting" as Gabriel puts it. We started in the guest bedroom closet, moved to the nursey closet, then Gabe's closet, then the kitchen cabinets, then we started redoing the bathroom downstairs. Our builder put in cheap cabinets, and of course glued them and the mirror to the wall...so we have been busy patching and painting. We're hoping to have everything finished by next weekend with our new marble vanity. It's gorgous! Next on the list: repainting the guest bedroom, building the nursey wall and repainting the master bedroom and bathroom. Luckily we have a wonderful contractor, Ricardo, who is EXTREMELY reasonable, reliable and a perfectionist. We couldn't build the wall and do the repainting without him!

March 2nd is my 28th birthday. Last year I thought I was 28 until Molly and Annette kindly reminded me I was only 27 :) Such great friends huh! We were planning to go to the Houston Rodeo - Natalie Cole concert to celebrate but I'm not so sure about walking on ramps, stairs and sitting for so long. So I think we might opt for a nice dinner out or maybe some time at the dog park!

Speaking of dogs...yesterday we didn't have Sunday School because we are in between lessons. So Gabe took the dogs for a long walk and I took my time washing my hair and doing laundry. So Gabe comes running into the bathroom..scaring the crap out of me...telling me to hurry and get downstairs b/c "the dogs" brought a puppy home. So we went down to the first floor and there is this adorable lab puppy mix. Very friendly and nice and plump. Someone must have been feeding him. So we immediately took him to Wabash (one of our favorite places -http://www.wabashfeed.com/ ). They took the pup and will give him shots and find him a good home. Thank goodndess for people like them! Such a nice place to get away from city life for awhile!

As for the baby, we have an appointment Wednesday but everything is going good. He seems to be growing like a weed and is definitely a wiggle worm. We're hoping he can hold in there until May 15th so I don't have to leave work early. At least the first week of May would be good :)

Everything else is going great. We have a baby showed in Dallas scheduled for March 17th with friends and family. Molly will be hosting one in Tulsa sometime in June after the baby is born so everyone can see him.

That's about it for now! Sorry no pictures...we are in the middle of getting a new camera. Definitely important with a new baby!

Take care -
Bethany

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home